Tuesday, August 27, 2013

*Early Review* Corroded (The St. Croix Chronicles #3) by Karina Cooper

I would first like to say thank you to Angela @ Carina Press for allowing me early access to Corroded which I have been dying to read ever since the ending to Gilded.

If you haven't started reading The St. Croix Chronicles yet, might I ask you why not? Is it because you don't much care for steampunk set in a Victorian age where the heroine is a collector by night and a society maven by day?

Is it because you don't like the romance that grabs you by the heart strings and pulls you along (Hint: Check out chapter 15!)

Is it because you don't like the mysterious, sexy, male main character (Micajah Hawke) who is willing to push the heroines buttons at each and every turn?

Are you NOT interested in a thrill ride filled suspense, mystery, and adventure?

If you answered NO to any of those questions, then you SHOULD start reading this series post haste starting with Tarnished! Personally, I can't wait until the next book is released which, I have been assured by Ms Cooper that there will be another one soon!

With Corroded, we get an even deeper look into the inner workings of the mysterious Karakash Veil that runs the Midnight Menagerie where Hawke is ringmaster and to whom Cherry owes a major debt after saving her life.

We get lots, and lots, may I just say again, LOTS, of Hawke for our entertainment pleasure. We get answers to the mysterious sweet tooth collector/killer question who has befuddled Cherry and drove me crazy not knowing who he/she was. And, might I say, it's a doozy of a revelation? I did not see that coming at all.

We also finally get an appearance by the mysterious Oliver Ashmore who has only been mentioned by Cherry as her caretaker but never shown until now. We also get a new character, who I loved, in Maddy Ruth who is sweet and clueless at the same time. She's also an inventor of a net thrower which comes in handy.

I am impatiently waiting for book # 4 to be released so that I can see in what direction Karina is taking Cherry who definitely needs a vacation away from London after all that has happened to her. I also hope that we get to see more of Ishmael Communion in the future.

Say, how about sending Cherry off to Paris with Maddie Ruth?


Author - Karina Cooper
Title - Corroded (The St. Croix Chronicles # 3)
Published by Carina Press
Releases - September 23, 2013
Genre - Steampunk, Romance


1 comment: